BeFunky is handy for retouching portraits. It is an editing extension that's available for Apple's Photos. The software provides a variety of handy tools that will help you refine the look of your people shots. This movie shows you an overview of how it works.
- [Voiceover] Over the next few movies,…we're gonna be working with BeFunky Express.…This is an interesting editing extension,…we're looking at it here in the Mac App store…which is where I got my copy…that we'll be editing with over the next few videos.…And primarily what it does is,…it helps with portraits, it helps you with skin smoothing,…as you can see here.…You can brighten teeth, as we see here also,…we'll be doing all this with our own pictures.…
But then it has a few things that…sort of surprised me a little bit for…what I consider primarily a portrait editing application.…That it also has HDR and auto-fix.…Okay, just toss those in too,…maybe they didn't feel like they had enough features,…so they had to add a few.…At any rate what I'm going to do…is I'm gonna start out showing you auto-fix and HDR…in the next movie just so you can see how they work.…And then we'll get in to working on some portraits…and let me show you how I think BeFunky Express…can really be a powerful tool in your bag of tricks,…for when you have those portraits…
In this course, photographer, author, and educator Derrick Story demonstrates his favorite editing extensions for performing local adjustments. These tools round out what already exists in Photos, providing the photographer with a complete image editing toolbox. Step-by-step, he selects an image from the library, explains how he wants to change it, and then chooses the appropriate editing extension to complete the job.
- How extensions for Photos work
- Applying color effects with Color Filters for Photos
- Split-toning an image with the Tonality extension
- Creating a black-and-white image with Tonality
- Retouching a portrait with Snapheal
- Using external editors like Photoshop with Photos
Skill Level Intermediate
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
Enhancing Images with Photos for OS Xwith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
Photo Archiving Basics: Preserving Family Memorieswith Erika Thornes52m 47s Intermediate
1. Color Effects and Filters
2. Black and White and Split Toning
3. Heal and Clone
4. Improve Portraits
5. Use Your Favorite Software with Photos
Next steps1m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.