Now that you've seen editing extensions in action with a variety of applications, what are the next steps? Here are some suggestions to consider. Learn more about them by watching this video.
- [Voiceover] Okay, so where do we go from here?…Well what I would say is, based on what you've seen…in this title, figure out an editing extension or two,…that really appeal to you, and then create a project…where you really can work with them, because I think…that's the way things really stick, is when you get…to work with Pixelmator or Tonality, one of those,…and you go "I'm gonna create a series of photographs…"using the software."…I think when you do that then you'll learn it better,…and you really get a feel for what you can do with it,…and when you should go to it, because let's face it,…a lot of times you don't have to go to…one of these editing extensions because we have…so many tools right here in Photos waiting for you.…
But when you do, and when you have a need,…let's say black and white or split toning or something,…it's great to know that these are here waiting for you.…Now the other thing I want to say is that we have…a couple other titles on Photos, and if you want…a broader view of this application I would take a look…
In this course, photographer, author, and educator Derrick Story demonstrates his favorite editing extensions for performing local adjustments. These tools round out what already exists in Photos, providing the photographer with a complete image editing toolbox. Step-by-step, he selects an image from the library, explains how he wants to change it, and then chooses the appropriate editing extension to complete the job.
- How extensions for Photos work
- Applying color effects with Color Filters for Photos
- Split-toning an image with the Tonality extension
- Creating a black-and-white image with Tonality
- Retouching a portrait with Snapheal
- Using external editors like Photoshop with Photos
Skill Level Intermediate
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
Photo Archiving: Preserving Family Memorieswith Erika Thornes52m 47s Intermediate
1. Color Effects and Filters
2. Black and White and Split Toning
3. Heal and Clone
4. Improve Portraits
5. Use Your Favorite Software with Photos
Next steps1m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.