In this movie, you'll discover how to use the global adjustments.
- [Voiceover] Before we leave Snapheal,…I wanna show you the global adjustments,…which is this third tab up here.…These adjustments are applied to the entire image.…And sometimes, after you've done all your correcting…and got everything the way you want it, you just go,…"Ah, it just needs a little bit more."…For example, maybe we'll cool off…this temperature just a bit,…just a little bit there, not too much.…And, let's add a little clarity,…I mean we do have this wall, there.…
So, that'll bring up the texture a bit.…We can sharpen just a little bit if we want,…fantastic.…I think that's all we need to do.…I think everything else looks pretty good.…The idea here, is that you do have these global adjustments…that you can use as the finishing touch.…Let's click on our eye.…We see everything that we've been doing…over the last few movies,…and we can also go side by side, here.…
So, there's where we started.…Here's where we are now.…I'm pretty happy with our final image.…Global adjustments finished it off.…So now, I get to do save changes…
In this course, photographer, author, and educator Derrick Story demonstrates his favorite editing extensions for performing local adjustments. These tools round out what already exists in Photos, providing the photographer with a complete image editing toolbox. Step-by-step, he selects an image from the library, explains how he wants to change it, and then chooses the appropriate editing extension to complete the job.
- How extensions for Photos work
- Applying color effects with Color Filters for Photos
- Split-toning an image with the Tonality extension
- Creating a black-and-white image with Tonality
- Retouching a portrait with Snapheal
- Using external editors like Photoshop with Photos
Skill Level Intermediate
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
Enhancing Images with Photos for OS Xwith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
Photo Archiving Basics: Preserving Family Memorieswith Erika Thornes52m 47s Intermediate
1. Color Effects and Filters
2. Black and White and Split Toning
3. Heal and Clone
4. Improve Portraits
5. Use Your Favorite Software with Photos
Next steps1m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.