Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Filters for Photos, part of Photos for OS X: Extensions for Local Adjustments.
- [Voiceover] Filters for Photos by Mac Fun is a free…editing extension, which is really cool (laughs).…And is absolutely free.…There are no strings attached, no upselling, or anything…like that.…They just put it in here and let people have at it,…and it's a nice little editing extension too.…So you can see right here, price free.…I've already installed it.…So, I have the open button right there.…And you can see a little bit of information about…it right here, OSX 10.9 or later, 64 bit processor,…and of course, you want photos if you're gonna use it…as an editing extension.…
But they have all sorts of different filters,…it has live preview, it has localized adjustments,…which we're gonna look at in the next movie.…And it's very speedy.…It's very well written, and then once you create your…masterpieces, you can share them with social networks,…you can save out as TIFF, JPEG, et cetera.…So, pretty good stuff.…Let's just take a look at it right now.…See what this thing looks like.…So here we are, in Photos for OSX, and I've created…
In this course, photographer, author, and educator Derrick Story demonstrates his favorite editing extensions for performing local adjustments. These tools round out what already exists in Photos, providing the photographer with a complete image editing toolbox. Step-by-step, he selects an image from the library, explains how he wants to change it, and then chooses the appropriate editing extension to complete the job.
- How extensions for Photos work
- Applying color effects with Color Filters for Photos
- Split-toning an image with the Tonality extension
- Creating a black-and-white image with Tonality
- Retouching a portrait with Snapheal
- Using external editors like Photoshop with Photos
Skill Level Intermediate
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
Photo Archiving: Preserving Family Memorieswith Erika Thornes52m 47s Intermediate
1. Color Effects and Filters
2. Black and White and Split Toning
3. Heal and Clone
4. Improve Portraits
5. Use Your Favorite Software with Photos
Next steps1m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.