This movie shows you how to brighten the eyes of a portrait with BeFunky.
- [Voiceover] Laurie has really pretty eyes,…and I want to brighten them up just a bit more.…The way the tool works in BeFunky is that…it brightens a bit and adds just a little bit…of sharpen, too, it's subtle but I think it's very nice.…Let me show you how it works.…So we'll go to Edit.…Go to our Extensions.…Go ahead and zoom in just a bit so we can see…what we're doing.…Go to Eye Brighten,…take the Intensity down about halfway.…
Reduce our Brush Size, just like that.…And then all you have to do is just paint.…Again, you don't have to be super precise with this,…the application knows what you're doing.…A little bit more.…We'll bring the Intensity up a hair, just like that.…Gonna take the Hardness down a bit.…Bit more of a feathering, okay.…
Now I'm gonna Apply.…Now let's go ahead and save our changes.…And now we'll click Done, let's get rid of this.…Let's go back to the original photo.…And then here is our eye brightening.…So again, it's not huge,…but there's definitely a difference.…This is the original.…Here's our brightened version.…
In this course, photographer, author, and educator Derrick Story demonstrates his favorite editing extensions for performing local adjustments. These tools round out what already exists in Photos, providing the photographer with a complete image editing toolbox. Step-by-step, he selects an image from the library, explains how he wants to change it, and then chooses the appropriate editing extension to complete the job.
- How extensions for Photos work
- Applying color effects with Color Filters for Photos
- Split-toning an image with the Tonality extension
- Creating a black-and-white image with Tonality
- Retouching a portrait with Snapheal
- Using external editors like Photoshop with Photos
Skill Level Intermediate
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
Photo Archiving: Preserving Family Memorieswith Erika Thornes52m 47s Intermediate
1. Color Effects and Filters
2. Black and White and Split Toning
3. Heal and Clone
4. Improve Portraits
5. Use Your Favorite Software with Photos
Next steps1m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.