This movie shows you how to create a beautiful black and white (B&W) portrait.
- [Voiceover] We can do some nice stuff…with portraits in Tonality also.…Black and white portraits are sometimes just gorgeous!…I just love them.…Let me show you what I mean here.…I'm going to start with this shot right here.…And I'm going to go to Tonality.…And we're in the portraits presets.…I just tapped on that right there, I selected portrait.…And, there are a number of nice presets here,…I have one that I want to use for this particular one.…
Glamour, right here.…Isn't that nice?…Even right out of the shoot, I think that's pretty nice.…I'm going to tap on preset…so we can get a better look at it.…I still want to make a little bit of an adjustment to it,…and I'll show you what I mean.…So, I'm going to add a layer right now,…and I'm going to go ahead and do just a little painting.…I like pretty much everything that's going on…with this Glamour preset,…except I want the hair to have…just a little bit more stuff to it.…
You know what I mean?…Just a little bit more activity.…So, I'm just painting a little bit.…We can go to Mask, so you can see what I'm up to.…
In this course, photographer, author, and educator Derrick Story demonstrates his favorite editing extensions for performing local adjustments. These tools round out what already exists in Photos, providing the photographer with a complete image editing toolbox. Step-by-step, he selects an image from the library, explains how he wants to change it, and then chooses the appropriate editing extension to complete the job.
- How extensions for Photos work
- Applying color effects with Color Filters for Photos
- Split-toning an image with the Tonality extension
- Creating a black-and-white image with Tonality
- Retouching a portrait with Snapheal
- Using external editors like Photoshop with Photos
Skill Level Intermediate
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
Enhancing Images with Photos for OS Xwith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
Photo Archiving Basics: Preserving Family Memorieswith Erika Thornes52m 47s Intermediate
1. Color Effects and Filters
2. Black and White and Split Toning
3. Heal and Clone
4. Improve Portraits
5. Use Your Favorite Software with Photos
Next steps1m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.