Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Compare work in Photos for OS X, part of Photos for OS X: Extensions for Local Adjustments.
- [Voiceover] Before we move on, let's take a moment…to compare our work and see if we achieved our goal.…So here we are in the thumbnail view,…here's our original shot, and then here's the shot…that we edited with color filters for photos.…I'm just gonna go ahead and double tap on that.…So as you may recall, what we're trying to do…is create some separation between…our foreground subject and the background.…So there's what we did in editing.…
Let me get the cursor out of the way there,…and you notice that we have our tool box down here,…shows that we've done some image editing.…And I think without being too heavy-handed,…we moved forward in creating some…separation between the front and the back.…Now as I mentioned at the end of the previous movie,…that if I decided I wanted to go back and work on this…some more, let's go ahead and do that right now.…I'm just gonna hit the Return key,…that takes us into Edit mode,…and we'll go back to Color Filters.…
Our selections are not retained, so we would be…starting over, or adding to what's already been done.…
In this course, photographer, author, and educator Derrick Story demonstrates his favorite editing extensions for performing local adjustments. These tools round out what already exists in Photos, providing the photographer with a complete image editing toolbox. Step-by-step, he selects an image from the library, explains how he wants to change it, and then chooses the appropriate editing extension to complete the job.
- How extensions for Photos work
- Applying color effects with Color Filters for Photos
- Split-toning an image with the Tonality extension
- Creating a black-and-white image with Tonality
- Retouching a portrait with Snapheal
- Using external editors like Photoshop with Photos
Skill Level Intermediate
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
Photo Archiving: Preserving Family Memorieswith Erika Thornes52m 47s Intermediate
1. Color Effects and Filters
2. Black and White and Split Toning
3. Heal and Clone
4. Improve Portraits
5. Use Your Favorite Software with Photos
Next steps1m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.