Color Filters for Photos provides the tools you need to apply various effects to your images. And you can manipulate these filters so they apply to only specific areas of the photograph. This movie explains how that works.
- [Voiceover] We're going to work with a couple…filtering, editing extensions in this particular chapter.…Color Filters For Photos is what I'm going to start with.…I like this a lot.…Now, it's a four dollar and 99 cent editing extension.…I've already purchased it, that's why it says Open here,…but if I hadn't it would say 4.99, just like that.…And I think the real strength…of this particular editing extension is the variety…and just sheer volume of filters that it offers you.…
We're gonna take a look at that in a second.…Now it plugs right into Photos for OS-10…just like all of our editing extensions do.…So, let's take a look at it.…Let's see how it plays out here.…So, I thought we would use this particular extension…on this image, and the reason why is,…I just love that the artist has done with the rocks here…but, we're losing the power of this art work…because of the background.…It's just all kind of blending in…and I think we could use the filters extension…to help separate the work from the background…and that's what I want to do.…
In this course, photographer, author, and educator Derrick Story demonstrates his favorite editing extensions for performing local adjustments. These tools round out what already exists in Photos, providing the photographer with a complete image editing toolbox. Step-by-step, he selects an image from the library, explains how he wants to change it, and then chooses the appropriate editing extension to complete the job.
- How extensions for Photos work
- Applying color effects with Color Filters for Photos
- Split-toning an image with the Tonality extension
- Creating a black-and-white image with Tonality
- Retouching a portrait with Snapheal
- Using external editors like Photoshop with Photos
Skill Level Intermediate
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
Photo Archiving: Preserving Family Memorieswith Erika Thornes52m 47s Intermediate
1. Color Effects and Filters
2. Black and White and Split Toning
3. Heal and Clone
4. Improve Portraits
5. Use Your Favorite Software with Photos
Next steps1m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.