In this movie, you'll learn the essentials of Autofix and HDR.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- So, working with Befunky,…I'm gonna show you Auto Fix and HDR,…and I thought this would be a good image to start with.…And so what I did was, I duplicated the original,…created this one here,…I'm gonna double tap on it.…I'm gonna hit the return key,…so we go into editing mode,…tap on extensions,…and go down to Befunky…and here we go.…So, here are the basic controls over here.…We have a fit slider,…and then after we apply a filter,…we can go back if we want with these.…
I'll show you how the undo controls work…in just a second.…Let's start out with Auto Fix.…Go ahead and click on it.…Now basically, what Auto Fix does is…it opens up shadow areas.…And I learned this the hard way…because I would open up a portrait with a black background…and apply Auto Fix and it would do exactly…what I didn't want it to do,…which is make my black background grey.…I worked hard to make that background black.…But on shots like this,…it's terrific because I have a bright seagull against…a relatively bright sky and these dark posts are very dark.…
In this course, photographer, author, and educator Derrick Story demonstrates his favorite editing extensions for performing local adjustments. These tools round out what already exists in Photos, providing the photographer with a complete image editing toolbox. Step-by-step, he selects an image from the library, explains how he wants to change it, and then chooses the appropriate editing extension to complete the job.
- How extensions for Photos work
- Applying color effects with Color Filters for Photos
- Split-toning an image with the Tonality extension
- Creating a black-and-white image with Tonality
- Retouching a portrait with Snapheal
- Using external editors like Photoshop with Photos
Skill Level Intermediate
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
Enhancing Images with Photos for OS Xwith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
Photo Archiving Basics: Preserving Family Memorieswith Erika Thornes52m 47s Intermediate
1. Color Effects and Filters
2. Black and White and Split Toning
3. Heal and Clone
4. Improve Portraits
5. Use Your Favorite Software with Photos
Next steps1m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.