Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Apply local edits with Filters for Photos, part of Photos for OS X: Extensions for Local Adjustments.
- [Voiceover] I mentioned in an earlier movie…that we'll have the original image…and the edited image in the library.…It makes it easy to compare.…How did I do that?…It's simple.…I thought I'd show you before we get on to our editing…in this particular movie.…I just control click on the image…and I go to Duplicate One Photo.…And when I do that, then I get another shot.…I can put in the title right there, and off we go.…So that's how I do that.…I don't want to keep this guy right now,…so I'm gonna go ahead, control click on him again,…and this time, I'm going to delete.…
Alrighty.…So I've already duplicated the photo once…and I've titled it, so let's work on it.…Double tap on it, we'll go to Edit,…go down to Extensions, Filters for Photos.…Mathew Street, this is where it all began…for the Beatles in Liverpool.…I wanted to do something very Beatlesesque,…so I think I'm gonna go with…the Color Sunlight Spots cool filter.…It's applied globally right now,…and I can play with its intensity if I wish.…
But I want the sign to be clean.…
In this course, photographer, author, and educator Derrick Story demonstrates his favorite editing extensions for performing local adjustments. These tools round out what already exists in Photos, providing the photographer with a complete image editing toolbox. Step-by-step, he selects an image from the library, explains how he wants to change it, and then chooses the appropriate editing extension to complete the job.
- How extensions for Photos work
- Applying color effects with Color Filters for Photos
- Split-toning an image with the Tonality extension
- Creating a black-and-white image with Tonality
- Retouching a portrait with Snapheal
- Using external editors like Photoshop with Photos
Skill Level Intermediate
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
Photo Archiving: Preserving Family Memorieswith Erika Thornes52m 47s Intermediate
1. Color Effects and Filters
2. Black and White and Split Toning
3. Heal and Clone
4. Improve Portraits
5. Use Your Favorite Software with Photos
Next steps1m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.