Discover how to use External Editors with Alien Skin Exposure X.
- [Voiceover] I want to show you an alternative work flow…in case you hit a wall with external editors.…And this time we'll use Exposure X by Alien Skin.…It's a terrific application.…So I've made my duplicate.…Go ahead, double click on it.…Hit return.…Go down here to extensions.…Go to external editors.…And then I will choose Alien Skin Exposure X.…I want to go to black and white on this shot.…I'm really seeing black and white…and I think I want to go with Fuji Neopan.…
I just love the way that looks.…Now that I've selected my filter,…I'm gonna go ahead and get rid of that.…And let's go ahead and zoom a bit.…I just did command plus on that.…And then we'll reposition.…I'm gonna do a couple things with this,…but one thing,…I want to just touch this up just a hair.…So I'm gonna go over here to the brush.…Not gonna dodge.…I think just something crazy…like whiten teeth.…
I know we're not working on his teeth,…but I'll tell you sometimes.…Adjusting my brush size.…I'm just gonna go ahead.…Not painting it very well, am I there?…
In this course, photographer, author, and educator Derrick Story demonstrates his favorite editing extensions for performing local adjustments. These tools round out what already exists in Photos, providing the photographer with a complete image editing toolbox. Step-by-step, he selects an image from the library, explains how he wants to change it, and then chooses the appropriate editing extension to complete the job.
- How extensions for Photos work
- Applying color effects with Color Filters for Photos
- Split-toning an image with the Tonality extension
- Creating a black-and-white image with Tonality
- Retouching a portrait with Snapheal
- Using external editors like Photoshop with Photos
Skill Level Intermediate
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
Enhancing Images with Photos for OS Xwith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
Photo Archiving Basics: Preserving Family Memorieswith Erika Thornes52m 47s Intermediate
1. Color Effects and Filters
2. Black and White and Split Toning
3. Heal and Clone
4. Improve Portraits
5. Use Your Favorite Software with Photos
Next steps1m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.