This movie shows you how to use the gradient screen tool with the Tonality editing extension.
- [Voiceover] We're going to work on this image,…we're going to convert it both to black and white,…and apply a gradient mask to it.…And I think it's going to look really nice,…let's see how it turns out.…You notice I have a toolbar down I'm here already,…that's because I leveled out the horizon line.…It was just a little crooked.…Yeah, I was on the ship…and you know how these things go.…Let's go ahead and edit this and go to…our tonality editing extension.…There we go, right down there.…
And I want to go with a black and white.…And I like this Ilford Delta 100 Pro .…One of the things that attracts me…to this particular black and white conversion,…I'm in Film Emulation, if you tap on this…you can see that you have lots of presets to choose from,…so I went over to Film Emulation,…and I had these options right here, which I like a lot.…But I like what the Ilford Delta 100 does to the water.…I think it looks really nice,…problem is part of the sacrifice by giving…that really nice water is my sky went away completely.…
In this course, photographer, author, and educator Derrick Story demonstrates his favorite editing extensions for performing local adjustments. These tools round out what already exists in Photos, providing the photographer with a complete image editing toolbox. Step-by-step, he selects an image from the library, explains how he wants to change it, and then chooses the appropriate editing extension to complete the job.
- How extensions for Photos work
- Applying color effects with Color Filters for Photos
- Split-toning an image with the Tonality extension
- Creating a black-and-white image with Tonality
- Retouching a portrait with Snapheal
- Using external editors like Photoshop with Photos
Skill Level Intermediate
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
Photos for OS X: Enhancing Imageswith Richard Harrington2h 26m Intermediate
Photo Archiving: Preserving Family Memorieswith Erika Thornes52m 47s Intermediate
1. Color Effects and Filters
2. Black and White and Split Toning
3. Heal and Clone
4. Improve Portraits
5. Use Your Favorite Software with Photos
Next steps1m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.