Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the example files, part of Aperture 2 Essential Training.
About the exercise files,…if you are a premium member of lynda.com Online Training Library or if you are watching this tutorial on a DVD-ROM,…you have access to the exercise files used throughout this title.…For this title, the images used are provided within Aperture Project Containers which you can load at the outset of the…training by simply dragging the containers into the Projects tab of the Inspector pane.…The images within the Project Containers are set to the original state without any adjustments.…
While following along with the chapters in the videos of this course,…you will be making adjustments to many of the images…as well as the settings to Aperture itself.…As we make changes, your images will differ from those in the original downloaded Project Containers.…If at any time you want to return to the original state, delete the project from Aperture and replace it with the original Project Container.…If you are a regular, monthly…or annual subscriber to lynda.com, you can follow along from scratch with your own images.…
- Understanding Aperture terms, interface, preferences, and workflow
- Creating metadata presets and adding keywords on import
- Importing images from a digital camera, hard drive, or iPhoto library
- Using tethered shooting
- Viewing images with previews, slideshows, and metadata overlays
- Comparing, selecting, and organizing images
- Correcting white balance, exposure, levels, and color
- Using Retouch, Straighten, Crop, Vignette, and other image adjustments
- Applying sharpening and noise reduction adjustments
- Searching for images and creating Smart Albums
- Exporting, archiving, and backing up photos
- Designing books, publishing web galleries, and printing images
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Importing Images
3. Viewing Images
4. Comparing, Selecting, and Organizing Images
5. Making Basic Image Adjustments
6. Making Additional Image Adjustments
7. Using Unique Aperture Tools
8. Modifying Metadata
9. Searching for Images
10. Exporting Images
Using the Export plug-ins3m 27s
11. Archiving Photos
12. Using Aperture's Book-Making and Design Tools
13. Building Web Pages
14. Printing Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.