Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Retouch brick, part of Aperture 2 Essential Training.
I am not going to move down to the Control Bar here because we have lots of amazing tools down in this area here…and I am going to start with one of the most amazing of the bunch and that is the Retouch tool.…This is something that everyone wants to do and in prior versions of Aperture the Retouch tool wasn't nearly…as robust and we ended up having to go to other applications such as Photoshop to do our retouching and the cloning work.…No more. This is a very strong tool and I am going to show you right now how it works.…
I am going to go to full screen mode on this image.…So I am just going to hit the F key, take us to full screen mode and we have up here our Control Bar appears…when I move the mouse up to the top so we can get to all of our Control Bar tools and I am going…to pick the Retouch tool which is right here and we get a little heads-up display for the Retouch tool.…Now we have two areas for it.…We have Repair tool and basically what the Repair tool does is it allows us just to click on a spot that we want to fix.…
- Understanding Aperture terms, interface, preferences, and workflow
- Creating metadata presets and adding keywords on import
- Importing images from a digital camera, hard drive, or iPhoto library
- Using tethered shooting
- Viewing images with previews, slideshows, and metadata overlays
- Comparing, selecting, and organizing images
- Correcting white balance, exposure, levels, and color
- Using Retouch, Straighten, Crop, Vignette, and other image adjustments
- Applying sharpening and noise reduction adjustments
- Searching for images and creating Smart Albums
- Exporting, archiving, and backing up photos
- Designing books, publishing web galleries, and printing images
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Importing Images
3. Viewing Images
4. Comparing, Selecting, and Organizing Images
5. Making Basic Image Adjustments
6. Making Additional Image Adjustments
7. Using Unique Aperture Tools
8. Modifying Metadata
9. Searching for Images
10. Exporting Images
Using the Export plug-ins3m 27s
11. Archiving Photos
12. Using Aperture's Book-Making and Design Tools
13. Building Web Pages
14. Printing Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.