Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Export plug-ins, part of Aperture 2 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Another option that you have when you are exporting your images out of Aperture is to use a third-party plug-in,…and there is a whole lot of these things available.…They have third-party plug-ins for Aperture to Flickr; for Aperture to Gmail; for Aperture to just about anything…that you want to do outside of Aperture, it's probably a plug-in for it.…Now I have loaded a plug-in into our version of Aperture here, it's a nifty little one that allows me to take a bunch…of photos and create an archive, a zipped archive.…
Now, this is something that I could do on my own, I could export a bunch of images; a bunch of images;…a bunch of versions, loose, and then I could put them in a folder and create an archive and end up at the same spot.…The idea with this plug-in and with almost all of the export plug-ins is…that it saves your time and sort of streamlines a process.…This whole notion of working faster and more efficiently and smarter,…and export plug-ins fit right in with that sort of thinking.…So let me show you how this one works, because it's very similar to how many of the plug-ins operate.…
- Understanding Aperture terms, interface, preferences, and workflow
- Creating metadata presets and adding keywords on import
- Importing images from a digital camera, hard drive, or iPhoto library
- Using tethered shooting
- Viewing images with previews, slideshows, and metadata overlays
- Comparing, selecting, and organizing images
- Correcting white balance, exposure, levels, and color
- Using Retouch, Straighten, Crop, Vignette, and other image adjustments
- Applying sharpening and noise reduction adjustments
- Searching for images and creating Smart Albums
- Exporting, archiving, and backing up photos
- Designing books, publishing web galleries, and printing images
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Importing Images
3. Viewing Images
4. Comparing, Selecting, and Organizing Images
5. Making Basic Image Adjustments
6. Making Additional Image Adjustments
7. Using Unique Aperture Tools
8. Modifying Metadata
9. Searching for Images
10. Exporting Images
Using the Export plug-ins3m 27s
11. Archiving Photos
12. Using Aperture's Book-Making and Design Tools
13. Building Web Pages
14. Printing Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.