Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Publishing a web gallery, part of Aperture 2 Essential Training.
Another option that you have for sharing your images on the web, if you are a .Mac member- and that is a huge caveat here…because you need to have a .Mac account for the Web gallery functionality to work.…So if you do, pay close attention because this is quite amazing and if you don't, watch anyway because who knows?…You may decide that up the road, this is something that you would want to partake of.…So, what we are going to do is we are going to start out the way that we have so often.…We are going to have an album, full of images here.…
Now, instead of choosing Web Page up here, which we have done in another movie, showed you how…to design your own Web Page, we are going to go up to Web Gallery right here. Web Gallery. And this is even simpler…than building a webpage and building a webpage wasn't really that bad.…So I'm going to choose Web Gallery here and I get a list of options.…Now again, this will come up if you have a .Mac account and then Apple will ask you a few questions here…and then when we click Publish then it will connect with the .Mac account and actually produce this thing.…
- Understanding Aperture terms, interface, preferences, and workflow
- Creating metadata presets and adding keywords on import
- Importing images from a digital camera, hard drive, or iPhoto library
- Using tethered shooting
- Viewing images with previews, slideshows, and metadata overlays
- Comparing, selecting, and organizing images
- Correcting white balance, exposure, levels, and color
- Using Retouch, Straighten, Crop, Vignette, and other image adjustments
- Applying sharpening and noise reduction adjustments
- Searching for images and creating Smart Albums
- Exporting, archiving, and backing up photos
- Designing books, publishing web galleries, and printing images
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Importing Images
3. Viewing Images
4. Comparing, Selecting, and Organizing Images
5. Making Basic Image Adjustments
6. Making Additional Image Adjustments
7. Using Unique Aperture Tools
8. Modifying Metadata
9. Searching for Images
10. Exporting Images
Using the Export plug-ins3m 27s
11. Archiving Photos
12. Using Aperture's Book-Making and Design Tools
13. Building Web Pages
14. Printing Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.