Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Printing a single image, part of Aperture 2 Essential Training.
Well, we have all sorts of wonderful output options in Aperture and printing is no different.…They have really done a nice job of giving us an easy way to manage our printing.…I'm going to show you that right now.…We are going to start out by making just a single print, I'm going to pick my kayaks here…and I'll go up to File and I'll choose Print Image.…And up comes a dialog box here that really has three parts.…The areas where we get to set our presets which I'm going to do in just one minute and then the area where we get…to make some settings and then finally the image itself and we get to see what's going…on with the image as we worked these settings.…
I'm going to start out by creating a new preset because that way all of the work that I do over here will be retained…and I can come back and then next time if I want those same settings, I just hit the Preset,…I don't have to reset the whole dialog box.…Very handy, this is good stuff.…So we will do a New Single Image Preset and we will call it Letter Print just…
- Understanding Aperture terms, interface, preferences, and workflow
- Creating metadata presets and adding keywords on import
- Importing images from a digital camera, hard drive, or iPhoto library
- Using tethered shooting
- Viewing images with previews, slideshows, and metadata overlays
- Comparing, selecting, and organizing images
- Correcting white balance, exposure, levels, and color
- Using Retouch, Straighten, Crop, Vignette, and other image adjustments
- Applying sharpening and noise reduction adjustments
- Searching for images and creating Smart Albums
- Exporting, archiving, and backing up photos
- Designing books, publishing web galleries, and printing images
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Importing Images
3. Viewing Images
4. Comparing, Selecting, and Organizing Images
5. Making Basic Image Adjustments
6. Making Additional Image Adjustments
7. Using Unique Aperture Tools
8. Modifying Metadata
9. Searching for Images
10. Exporting Images
Using the Export plug-ins3m 27s
11. Archiving Photos
12. Using Aperture's Book-Making and Design Tools
13. Building Web Pages
14. Printing Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.