Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Generating PDFs, part of Aperture 2 Essential Training.
Not only do we have a lot of Custom options when we are creating our artwork, our posters,…our postcards in this case, we also have a lot of options for outputting them.…We can print to a printer as I talked about before,…but we have some wonderful PDF options too that I would like to show you.…Now before I go to the Print dialog box, which is where those PDF options are stored,…I want to remind you of one thing; before you go over there, just make a note on where your postcard is located here…in this layout because you don't want to print the whole thing, you don't want to print a bunch of blank pages…in your PDF, you just want to print this one page here.…
And also, in a PDF way of thinking of things, this is page 7 not page 6 even though it says 6 here…because we have a blank page up here.…So, remember that page 7 that's where our postcard is.…Alright, now we are safe to go over to PDF land.…I am going to click on the Print button, and right here, we have the PDF pop-up menu and we have all sorts of options.…
- Understanding Aperture terms, interface, preferences, and workflow
- Creating metadata presets and adding keywords on import
- Importing images from a digital camera, hard drive, or iPhoto library
- Using tethered shooting
- Viewing images with previews, slideshows, and metadata overlays
- Comparing, selecting, and organizing images
- Correcting white balance, exposure, levels, and color
- Using Retouch, Straighten, Crop, Vignette, and other image adjustments
- Applying sharpening and noise reduction adjustments
- Searching for images and creating Smart Albums
- Exporting, archiving, and backing up photos
- Designing books, publishing web galleries, and printing images
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Importing Images
3. Viewing Images
4. Comparing, Selecting, and Organizing Images
5. Making Basic Image Adjustments
6. Making Additional Image Adjustments
7. Using Unique Aperture Tools
8. Modifying Metadata
9. Searching for Images
10. Exporting Images
Using the Export plug-ins3m 27s
11. Archiving Photos
12. Using Aperture's Book-Making and Design Tools
13. Building Web Pages
14. Printing Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.