Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Following the standard Aperture workflow, part of Aperture 2 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Before we go any further, I want to give you an overview of the workflow that we will be using in the Aperture.…Now Aperture actually has a way to work.…In order words, from taking you from point A, which is really having images on your memory card, to point whatever. T or F…or something where you actually doing something with those images.…I will be putting them to a printer, putting on a web page, making a slide show.…Well there is a certain set of steps that goes through it.…
These are not written in stone but they are important steps and what I am going…to show you right now are the basic concepts of the flow.…This would be the framework for the movies that we have coming up, so that you understand why I am talking…about importing now and not talking about making prints.…Because making prints actually is later; it's part of the output.…So the basic steps are this.…We are going to import our images and of course, we have the Import dialog box to do that and we can bring those images…in from a memory card, from another hard drive, even from the computer is on right now.…
- Understanding Aperture terms, interface, preferences, and workflow
- Creating metadata presets and adding keywords on import
- Importing images from a digital camera, hard drive, or iPhoto library
- Using tethered shooting
- Viewing images with previews, slideshows, and metadata overlays
- Comparing, selecting, and organizing images
- Correcting white balance, exposure, levels, and color
- Using Retouch, Straighten, Crop, Vignette, and other image adjustments
- Applying sharpening and noise reduction adjustments
- Searching for images and creating Smart Albums
- Exporting, archiving, and backing up photos
- Designing books, publishing web galleries, and printing images
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Importing Images
3. Viewing Images
4. Comparing, Selecting, and Organizing Images
5. Making Basic Image Adjustments
6. Making Additional Image Adjustments
7. Using Unique Aperture Tools
8. Modifying Metadata
9. Searching for Images
10. Exporting Images
Using the Export plug-ins3m 27s
11. Archiving Photos
12. Using Aperture's Book-Making and Design Tools
13. Building Web Pages
14. Printing Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.