Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Developing a backup strategy, part of Aperture 2 Essential Training.
I want to talk a minute about backup strategy. You've put a lot of work into your Aperture library, and you've put a lot of work into…capturing your images and uploading them onto your computer. So, you want to make sure that all of that is protected so…that you have it, in case there is a computer crash or something unpleasant happens.…So, you have two basic routes to go.…The first route is, if you are using the managed approach, the managed library approach. As I talked about in the import movies…and that's a choice that you have to make when you import your images. You have to choose managed or referenced.…
If you go the managed route,…then you can back everything up in the Vault and I'm going to show you how to do that in an upcoming movie. I am going to show you…how to create a Vault and then back everything up to it. So, that's very easy. You just create the Vault,…you update it whenever you want and all of your work including your master files go into that Vault.…Now the thing is, you want your Vault to live on an external firewire drive, right?…
- Understanding Aperture terms, interface, preferences, and workflow
- Creating metadata presets and adding keywords on import
- Importing images from a digital camera, hard drive, or iPhoto library
- Using tethered shooting
- Viewing images with previews, slideshows, and metadata overlays
- Comparing, selecting, and organizing images
- Correcting white balance, exposure, levels, and color
- Using Retouch, Straighten, Crop, Vignette, and other image adjustments
- Applying sharpening and noise reduction adjustments
- Searching for images and creating Smart Albums
- Exporting, archiving, and backing up photos
- Designing books, publishing web galleries, and printing images
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Importing Images
3. Viewing Images
4. Comparing, Selecting, and Organizing Images
5. Making Basic Image Adjustments
6. Making Additional Image Adjustments
7. Using Unique Aperture Tools
8. Modifying Metadata
9. Searching for Images
10. Exporting Images
Using the Export plug-ins3m 27s
11. Archiving Photos
12. Using Aperture's Book-Making and Design Tools
13. Building Web Pages
14. Printing Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.