Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Customizing an existing template, part of Aperture 2 Essential Training.
So even though we have all these wonderful templates to work with from Apple that are beautifully designed,…we can still customize them to suit our own needs and purposes.…I am going to show you some great tips now for making their template more like yours.…Let's start with some type.…So obviously we can add type as we did, just by clicking on it, but you might change your mind on the type,…and all you have to do is highlight it, and type, and hit Return.…Now, if you want to change the actual font size itself, highlight the type again, right-click on it or Ctrl click,…go down here to Font, and choose Show Fonts.…
Now you have the Apple Font Menu and you can pick anything that you want, and you can do it on a case by case basis.…We are going to go back to our original font size, and I am going to close that right now.…We are in great shape.…Now, you can remove pictures and you can substitute pictures.…Let's go over here.…Let's say on this shot here that I want to have a different picture there.…I just click on it once, and I look for something else.…
- Understanding Aperture terms, interface, preferences, and workflow
- Creating metadata presets and adding keywords on import
- Importing images from a digital camera, hard drive, or iPhoto library
- Using tethered shooting
- Viewing images with previews, slideshows, and metadata overlays
- Comparing, selecting, and organizing images
- Correcting white balance, exposure, levels, and color
- Using Retouch, Straighten, Crop, Vignette, and other image adjustments
- Applying sharpening and noise reduction adjustments
- Searching for images and creating Smart Albums
- Exporting, archiving, and backing up photos
- Designing books, publishing web galleries, and printing images
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Importing Images
3. Viewing Images
4. Comparing, Selecting, and Organizing Images
5. Making Basic Image Adjustments
6. Making Additional Image Adjustments
7. Using Unique Aperture Tools
8. Modifying Metadata
9. Searching for Images
10. Exporting Images
Using the Export plug-ins3m 27s
11. Archiving Photos
12. Using Aperture's Book-Making and Design Tools
13. Building Web Pages
14. Printing Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.