Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a custom template, part of Aperture 2 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Well, you can use Apple's pre-designed layouts and they look terrific,…and you can even alter them a little bit if you want to make the book more yours.…But, with Aperture 2 you can take it even another step further.…You can design your own layout from scratch.…And that's not only to make a book, sure you can design a book let's say that you have a printer that prints out 13…by 19, and you want to print your own book at that size.…You definitely can do that, but this tool will take you even further.…You can for example design your own flyers, you can design your own posters, you can make your own postcards.…
In fact, let me show you how to use these custom layout tools to make a custom postcard.…I am going to do that right now.…I am going to take you back over to Plant Book because we are going to start from square one here…and I would like to use this shot right here.…And now I am going to go up to New, and we are going to create a new book specifically for this project.…Now Aperture is asking me, do I want to create with just one image or create with them all?…
- Understanding Aperture terms, interface, preferences, and workflow
- Creating metadata presets and adding keywords on import
- Importing images from a digital camera, hard drive, or iPhoto library
- Using tethered shooting
- Viewing images with previews, slideshows, and metadata overlays
- Comparing, selecting, and organizing images
- Correcting white balance, exposure, levels, and color
- Using Retouch, Straighten, Crop, Vignette, and other image adjustments
- Applying sharpening and noise reduction adjustments
- Searching for images and creating Smart Albums
- Exporting, archiving, and backing up photos
- Designing books, publishing web galleries, and printing images
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Importing Images
3. Viewing Images
4. Comparing, Selecting, and Organizing Images
5. Making Basic Image Adjustments
6. Making Additional Image Adjustments
7. Using Unique Aperture Tools
8. Modifying Metadata
9. Searching for Images
10. Exporting Images
Using the Export plug-ins3m 27s
11. Archiving Photos
12. Using Aperture's Book-Making and Design Tools
13. Building Web Pages
14. Printing Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.