Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating Smart Albums for searching, part of Aperture 2 Essential Training.
Another way that we can do a filtered search is to use a smart album. That way we can hang on to our results.…Let me show you how that works. I will go to Library because I want to setup a smart album that will search my entire library.…I'll go up to File,…we will do a New Smart Album right here.…We will call it James,…we are going to look for James again.…We'll go to our Keywords,…we will search on James.…Now let's add an Adjustment filter,…and we will do our Highlights & Shadows again.…
We will change Any to All,…and we're back to where we were before, except now we get to hang on to our results in the smart album.…But let's drill down our search even more.…I will go back to Adjustments and this time…let's search for Monochrome,…and now we've narrowed our search to one photo.…So this is James.…We used Highlights & Shadows on this Adjustment and we used the Monochrome Mixer.…And the nice thing about it is that it's all contained within one album that we can keep.…
And if we want to change a filter,…for example, I decide later that I don't want the Monochrome Mixer filter,…
- Understanding Aperture terms, interface, preferences, and workflow
- Creating metadata presets and adding keywords on import
- Importing images from a digital camera, hard drive, or iPhoto library
- Using tethered shooting
- Viewing images with previews, slideshows, and metadata overlays
- Comparing, selecting, and organizing images
- Correcting white balance, exposure, levels, and color
- Using Retouch, Straighten, Crop, Vignette, and other image adjustments
- Applying sharpening and noise reduction adjustments
- Searching for images and creating Smart Albums
- Exporting, archiving, and backing up photos
- Designing books, publishing web galleries, and printing images
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Importing Images
3. Viewing Images
4. Comparing, Selecting, and Organizing Images
5. Making Basic Image Adjustments
6. Making Additional Image Adjustments
7. Using Unique Aperture Tools
8. Modifying Metadata
9. Searching for Images
10. Exporting Images
Using the Export plug-ins3m 27s
11. Archiving Photos
12. Using Aperture's Book-Making and Design Tools
13. Building Web Pages
14. Printing Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.