Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Building a web page, part of Aperture 2 Essential Training.
Another terrific output option that we have in Aperture for lovely images is to create web pages and we have a lot…of flexibility in how those web pages look.…So I thought I create one for you right now and let you see all the tools that we have to do that.…I started out by creating an album and I think an album is a good way to go…that contains the images that I want to put in my Web Page.…Of course, the advantage to an album for a Web Page is very similar to the advantage of using an album to create a book,…in that you can organize your images beforehand and you can change your mind later in the Web Page…but it's really easier to get things done now.…
Once I have the album the way that I want, I'll just make sure nothing is selected,…that way Aperture knows to take all of the images.…I go up to New and I choose Web Page.…Very quickly, Aperture builds a sample Web Page for me, at least the starting point…where I can take it from there adding my own choices.…First thing I'm going to do is I'm going to change the theme to black.…
- Understanding Aperture terms, interface, preferences, and workflow
- Creating metadata presets and adding keywords on import
- Importing images from a digital camera, hard drive, or iPhoto library
- Using tethered shooting
- Viewing images with previews, slideshows, and metadata overlays
- Comparing, selecting, and organizing images
- Correcting white balance, exposure, levels, and color
- Using Retouch, Straighten, Crop, Vignette, and other image adjustments
- Applying sharpening and noise reduction adjustments
- Searching for images and creating Smart Albums
- Exporting, archiving, and backing up photos
- Designing books, publishing web galleries, and printing images
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Importing Images
3. Viewing Images
4. Comparing, Selecting, and Organizing Images
5. Making Basic Image Adjustments
6. Making Additional Image Adjustments
7. Using Unique Aperture Tools
8. Modifying Metadata
9. Searching for Images
10. Exporting Images
Using the Export plug-ins3m 27s
11. Archiving Photos
12. Using Aperture's Book-Making and Design Tools
13. Building Web Pages
14. Printing Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.