- Straightening and cropping images
- Balancing levels
- Converting from RAW
- Comparing scaling methods
- Converting images to black-and-white
- Performing output sharpening
- Ordering your prints
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Joseph Linaschke, photographic storyteller, educator, and the Aperture expert. My first passion is photography, so I'm really excited to take you on a step-by-step journey of the process I use to create a gallery of very high-resolution, black and white, metal prints. Using Aperture, ON1's Perfect Resize, and Nik's Silver Efex Pro 2, and starting from the original raw file, I'll take you through the steps of prepping, retouching, scaling, converting to black and white, and ultimately printing these beautiful images on sheets of metal, truly a stunning way to view your work.
Color prints on metal are cool, but in my opinion, this is a medium designed for black and white. Seeing your photos come to life on a huge metal print on your wall is something you have to see to believe. And by following the steps I'll share with you here, you can take your own photos from the screen to the wall with fantastic results that will drop the jaws of anyone who sees your work. Join me as we walk the journey from untouched, raw photo to gallery-worthy print.