Artist in Action: Joseph Linaschke's Large Scale Black-and-White Photographs
Watch artist Joseph Linaschke explain the creation of his gallery hanging of large black-and-white prints on metal and discuss the many challenges he faced along the way. He backward-engineers his process in Aperture for us, showing how he reviews his images, crops and straightens them in preparation for conversion, scales them without introducing any loss in quality, and then makes the final adjustment to black and white. Finally, learn about the file output and setup that went into the final set of prints.
- Straightening and cropping images
- Balancing levels
- Converting from RAW
- Comparing scaling methods
- Converting images to black-and-white
- Performing output sharpening
- Ordering your prints
- Hi, I'm Joseph Linaschke, photographic storyteller, educator, and the Aperture expert. My first passion is photography, so I'm really excited to take you on a step-by-step journey of the process I use to create a gallery of very high-resolution, black and white, metal prints. Using Aperture, ON1's Perfect Resize, and Nik's Silver Efex Pro 2, and starting from the original raw file, I'll take you through the steps of prepping, retouching, scaling, converting to black and white, and ultimately printing these beautiful images on sheets of metal, truly a stunning way to view your work.
Color prints on metal are cool, but in my opinion, this is a medium designed for black and white. Seeing your photos come to life on a huge metal print on your wall is something you have to see to believe. And by following the steps I'll share with you here, you can take your own photos from the screen to the wall with fantastic results that will drop the jaws of anyone who sees your work. Join me as we walk the journey from untouched, raw photo to gallery-worthy print.
Capture NX 2 Essential Training171,079 Views
Top 5 Tips for Search-Friendly Press Releases30,124 Views
Dreamweaver: 2014 Creative Cloud Updates32,355 Views
Premiere Pro Guru: Organizing Assets113,681 Views
Hard Surface Sculpting and Retopologizing in CINEMA 4D33,829 Views
The Practicing Photographer1,780,276 Views
Deke's Techniques1,560,305 Views
Foundations of Photography: Composition3,630,745 Views
Lightroom CC Essential Training (2015)1,134,235 Views
Foundations of Photography: Exposure5,762,725 Views