Aperture 2 Essential Training
Derrick Story refers to Aperture as "a professional photo management application that anyone can use." In Aperture 2 Essential Training, he shows how novice photographers and professionals alike can make their image organization, retouching, and presentation routines more fun and efficient. Derrick demonstrates capturing and importing images from different sources; adding captions, ratings, and keywords; and sharing work in the form of web galleries, prints, and even books. He reveals his best image adjustment tricks, as well as tips on customizing the Aperture workflow to suit each photographer's unique style. Example files accompany the course.
- Understanding Aperture terms, interface, preferences, and workflow
- Creating metadata presets and adding keywords on import
- Importing images from a digital camera, hard drive, or iPhoto library
- Using tethered shooting
- Viewing images with previews, slideshows, and metadata overlays
- Comparing, selecting, and organizing images
- Correcting white balance, exposure, levels, and color
- Using Retouch, Straighten, Crop, Vignette, and other image adjustments
- Applying sharpening and noise reduction adjustments
- Searching for images and creating Smart Albums
- Exporting, archiving, and backing up photos
- Designing books, publishing web galleries, and printing images
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Derrick Story. I'm the Digital Media Evangelist for O'Reilly Media. I'm a photographer, I'm a writer and I'm a teacher and I'm also a big fan of Aperture, the professional photo management application that anyone can use, especially after watching this training video. This video here, Aperture 2.1 Essential Training will take you through all the steps that you need to know, from upload to output. I'm also gonna show you some workflow. That way, you'll know what to do and then what to to next and then what to do after that.
What's so cool about the way that we're gonna do that is I'm also gonna show you how to customize the workflow so once you kind of get your feet wet, then you can make this application yours. You can customize it so that it fits perfectly just like a great pair of sneakers. I'll cover importing. I'll cover adding information to your photos, things like captions and ratings and keywords, and it's actually fun. It's not like eating vegetables at all, it's enjoyable. I'll show you basically everything you need to know about adjusting your images.
Well, maybe not everything but you'll be very good at making your pictures look very pretty after you work with those movies. And then, I'll show you how to get the pictures out of your application so you can export them, so you can make web pages. You can even create beautiful books. I mean, we have so much to do. I'm so excited about this. Get comfortable, get Aperture open and let's get to work.
Aperture 2 New Features61,333 Views
iPhoto '08 Essential Training207,958 Views
Aperture 1.5 Beyond the Basics82,885 Views
Numbers '08 Essential Training110,443 Views
iWork '09 New Features55,950 Views
Lightroom CC Essential Training (2015)927,163 Views
The Practicing Photographer1,607,809 Views
Foundations of Photography: Exposure5,545,810 Views
Lightroom 6 Essential Training353,045 Views
Final Cut Pro X 10.2 Essential Training634,011 Views