Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Uninstalling individual components on Windows, part of Installing Apache, MySQL, and PHP.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- If you want to remove the…individual components from Windows…uninstalling Apache and PHP are pretty straightforward.…We extracted them from zip files…so you just need to delete them.…If you were running PHP as a Windows service…you would uninstall that first,…but I already showed how to do that.…But MySQL is another story.…If you want to uninstally MySQL your first impulse…might be to go to the Control Panel…and choose Uninstall a Program.…
And then look for MySQL.…And you could do it this way…but look at how many different programs are installed.…You have the MySQL Server, you have MySQL Workbench…and all of the connectors.…And if you try to uninstall from here…you'll find that it takes a lot of time.…But notice that the MySQL installer is still there.…It's installed as its own application.…And that's because it knows how to uninstall all this…at the same time.…
I'm going to close the Control Panel.…And then on Windows 8 I'll go to the Start screen…and I'll type MySQL.…And I'll go to the MySQL Installer.…As before, if I see User Account Control dialogs…
- Installing Apache, PHP, and MySQL separately
- Activating Apache and PHP on Mac OS X
- Installing and configuring phpMyAdmin
- Installing WampServer
- Installing MAMP
- Configuring MAMP's Apache and MySQL server ports
- Installing XAMPP for Windows and Mac OS X
- Managing MySQL security through XAMPP
- Installing Bitnami for Windows and Mac
- Detecting and handling port conflicts
- Working with Apache and IPv6 in Windows 8
Skill Level Beginner
PHP with MySQL Essential Trainingwith Kevin Skoglund14h 32m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Installing Separate Components on Windows
3. Installing Separate Components on Mac OS X
4. Installing Separate Components on Linux
5. Installing and Managing phpMyAdmin
6. Installing WampServer on Windows
7. Installing MAMP
8. Installing XAMPP
Installing XAMPP for Windows5m 37s
9. Installing Bitnami
10. Common Tasks and Troubleshooting
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.