Join Jon Peck for an in-depth discussion in this video Troubleshooting PHP, part of Up and Running with Linux for PHP Developers.
…Often, most problems are not within PHP itself, but with web server.…With that said, there is a number of things…you can do to learn more about your PHP configuration.…The Ubuntu Server Guide on PHP5 found at help.ubuntu.com provides perspective…and troubleshooting steps beyond what we are going to be exploring.…From the terminal, we can determine the…exact version of PHP from the command line.…php --version.…We're using php 5.5.…The php --info command can also display configuration details.…
This output can also be filtered which can…be useful when looking for a particular configuration.…For example if I wanted to search for op cast settings, I would do php.…Space --info.…Then pipe that to grup -i opcash.…Remember that php has two distinct configurations.…One for the command line and one for Apache.…To see the web server's php configuration, the…php info function will serve a similar purpose.…Let's create a temporary file in the sandbox to see.…Nano /media/sf_sandbox phpinfo.php.…Open tag, php and then just php info and a semicolon.…
The demonstrations are performed with the Ubuntu LTS distribution of Linux, but the skills taught here are also applicable to other Linux distributions. Every command is described in detail in context, and a comprehensive quick reference is provided for convenience.
- What is Linux, and why should I use it?
- What's a LAMP, and why does it matter?
- Creating and configuring a virtual machine
- Working with the Linux command line
- Configuring the servers, including Apache virtual hosts
- Building a development server dashboard
- Using PHP package managers like Composer and PEAR
- Installing Drupal, WordPress, and more on the server
- Self-hosting Git repositories, including a web interface
- Enhancing the server with debugging and profiling
- Exporting a virtual appliance to use on another machine
- Server troubleshooting techniques
Skill Level Beginner
PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basicswith Kevin Skoglund10h 26m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Creating a Virtual Machine
3. Using the Server Command-Line Interface
4. Initial Server Configuration
5. Building a Development Server Dashboard
6. Installing PHP Applications for Site Development
7. Source Code Management
Introducing Git2m 16s
8. Enhancing the Development Server
9. Advanced VirtualBox Techniques
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.