Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Installing Apache, MySQL, and PHP.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Thanks for watching this course with me…Installing Apache, MySQL, and PHP.…Lynda.com offers many more courses…that let you learn about developing with PHP…or using content management systems…that are based on PHP.…Here are some interesting courses to look at.…For developers, you can get started…with the course Introducing PHP.…And then for a complete look…at programming in this environment…check out PHP with MySQL Essential Training.…
And then there are many other specialized courses,…such as Creating Secure PHP Websites…and PHP for Web Designers.…To find more courses search for PHP…on the Lynda.com website.…If you're interested in using content management systems…look for courses on WordPress, Drupal, and Joomla!.…And again, there are many detailed courses…covering specific programming and usage techniques.…
Search for the application that you want to learn about.…And if you want to learn more about…working with the MySQL database server…you'll find plenty of courses there too.…Starting with Up and Running with MySQL Development,…
- Installing Apache, PHP, and MySQL separately
- Activating Apache and PHP on Mac OS X
- Installing and configuring phpMyAdmin
- Installing WampServer
- Installing MAMP
- Configuring MAMP's Apache and MySQL server ports
- Installing XAMPP for Windows and Mac OS X
- Managing MySQL security through XAMPP
- Installing Bitnami for Windows and Mac
- Detecting and handling port conflicts
- Working with Apache and IPv6 in Windows 8
Skill Level Beginner
PHP with MySQL Essential Trainingwith Kevin Skoglund14h 32m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Installing Separate Components on Windows
3. Installing Separate Components on Mac OS X
4. Installing Separate Components on Linux
5. Installing and Managing phpMyAdmin
6. Installing WampServer on Windows
7. Installing MAMP
8. Installing XAMPP
Installing XAMPP for Windows5m 37s
9. Installing Bitnami
10. Common Tasks and Troubleshooting
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.