Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing XAMPP for Mac OS X, part of Installing Apache, MySQL, and PHP.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- The XAMPP bundle for Mac OS X…is available from www.apachefriends.org.…The most recent version of the bundle is available…on this page, it supports PHP 5.6.…If you want another version,…click the Download link, and that'll take you…to a page that has the two most recent versions.…As of the time of this recording,…there were versions for PHP 5.5 and 5.6.…
I've already downloaded the version for PHP 5.6…to my desktop, and I'll double-click to start it up.…It's a DMG file, so I start in a Finder window,…and there's a single file there,…an installer package named XAMPP.…I'll double-click to start that, and if I see…the Internet security warning, I'll click Open.…Then if requested, I'll type my administrator password.…The XAMPP installation is fairly straightforward.…
You'll see the Bitnami screen flash by, but it's important…to understand that XAMPP and the actual…Bitnami MAMP distributions are two different things.…XAMPP has the benefit of adding other components.…On Windows there are a number…of different server components available.…
- Installing Apache, PHP, and MySQL separately
- Activating Apache and PHP on Mac OS X
- Installing and configuring phpMyAdmin
- Installing WampServer
- Installing MAMP
- Configuring MAMP's Apache and MySQL server ports
- Installing XAMPP for Windows and Mac OS X
- Managing MySQL security through XAMPP
- Installing Bitnami for Windows and Mac
- Detecting and handling port conflicts
- Working with Apache and IPv6 in Windows 8
Skill Level Beginner
PHP with MySQL Essential Trainingwith Kevin Skoglund14h 32m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Installing Separate Components on Windows
3. Installing Separate Components on Mac OS X
4. Installing Separate Components on Linux
5. Installing and Managing phpMyAdmin
6. Installing WampServer on Windows
7. Installing MAMP
8. Installing XAMPP
Installing XAMPP for Windows5m 37s
9. Installing Bitnami
10. Common Tasks and Troubleshooting
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.