Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing WampServer, part of Installing Apache, MySQL, and PHP.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- WampServer is a popular, and easy to install,…free bundle that includes Apache, PHP, MySQL,…and PHPMyAdmin built for Windows.…You can download it from this website.…You can also download the 64-bit version…of WampServer from this website.…I'm going to go back to the main project website though,…and I've scrolled down to the downloads section.…Choose the version of WampServer for your computer,…either 32- or 64-bits.…
When you click the link, you'll see this dialog.…Before you install WampServer,…you must have the VC11 plugin from Microsoft.…You can click this link, in the middle of the dialog,…and that'll take you to the right webpage.…Then when you click Download, again you can choose…either 32- or 64-bit executables.…If you're not sure whether you have the Microsoft…plugin already installed, go to your Control Panel,…then click on Uninstall a Program.…
I'll go down to the Microsoft section and scroll down a ways…and here's what we're looking for,…the Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable version 11.0.…I have both the 32- and 64-bit versions installed,…
- Installing Apache, PHP, and MySQL separately
- Activating Apache and PHP on Mac OS X
- Installing and configuring phpMyAdmin
- Installing WampServer
- Installing MAMP
- Configuring MAMP's Apache and MySQL server ports
- Installing XAMPP for Windows and Mac OS X
- Managing MySQL security through XAMPP
- Installing Bitnami for Windows and Mac
- Detecting and handling port conflicts
- Working with Apache and IPv6 in Windows 8
Skill Level Beginner
PHP with MySQL Essential Trainingwith Kevin Skoglund14h 32m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Installing Separate Components on Windows
3. Installing Separate Components on Mac OS X
4. Installing Separate Components on Linux
5. Installing and Managing phpMyAdmin
6. Installing WampServer on Windows
7. Installing MAMP
8. Installing XAMPP
Installing XAMPP for Windows5m 37s
9. Installing Bitnami
10. Common Tasks and Troubleshooting
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.