Join Jon Peck for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing Symfony, part of Up and Running with Linux for PHP Developers.
…Symfony is an open source web application framework available from symfony.com.…Symfony components can be reused outside of the…standard package and are highly flexible and interchangeable.…To learn more about Symfony, search the lynda.com online training library.…Symfony uses composer for installation, so let's create a new project.…From the terminal, we'll use Composer, to create-project…-symphony/framework-standard-edition, and we're…going to send that to /media/sf_sandbox/symfony.…
Composer will download all the dependencies…for symfony's framework in the standard edition.…As part of the installation, Composer will…ask us a few questions about configuration.…PDO mySQL is fine.…The database host should be local host.…On 184.108.40.206 will work, but local host is the best practice.…The port can stay null.…The database name is sandbox.…Database user is also sandbox.…Password, sandbox.…The defaults for the mailer, mailer host, the user,…password and the locale can stay as they are.…
The secret token is something that should be specified.…
The demonstrations are performed with the Ubuntu LTS distribution of Linux, but the skills taught here are also applicable to other Linux distributions. Every command is described in detail in context, and a comprehensive quick reference is provided for convenience.
- What is Linux, and why should I use it?
- What's a LAMP, and why does it matter?
- Creating and configuring a virtual machine
- Working with the Linux command line
- Configuring the servers, including Apache virtual hosts
- Building a development server dashboard
- Using PHP package managers like Composer and PEAR
- Installing Drupal, WordPress, and more on the server
- Self-hosting Git repositories, including a web interface
- Enhancing the server with debugging and profiling
- Exporting a virtual appliance to use on another machine
- Server troubleshooting techniques
Skill Level Beginner
PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basicswith Kevin Skoglund10h 26m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Creating a Virtual Machine
3. Using the Server Command-Line Interface
4. Initial Server Configuration
5. Building a Development Server Dashboard
6. Installing PHP Applications for Site Development
7. Source Code Management
Introducing Git2m 16s
8. Enhancing the Development Server
9. Advanced VirtualBox Techniques
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.