Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring Apache and MySQL server ports, part of Installing Apache, MySQL, and PHP.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- When you first install MAMP,…Apache will listen on port 8888…and MySQL on port 8889.…If your MAMP home page shows a port…for MySQL of 3306, that might be wrong.…Typically you can just refresh the page…and it should update correctly.…But you can easily change Apache and MySQL…to listen on their standard ports.…Before you do this, first make sure…that your built-in copy of Apache isn't running.…
I'll go to Terminal and I'll type…sudo apachectl stop.…And that stops the built-in Apache server.…Next, I'll go back to the MAMP Control Panel.…I'll click Preferences, and I'll go to the Ports tab.…I'll click Set Web & MySQL ports to 80 & 3306.…Now on Mac, there are two HTTP servers available,…Apache and Nginx.…
And by default, I'm using Apache.…But even though I'm using one web server,…they both want to start up.…And so I need to select a different port…for the server I'm not going to use, Nginx.…I'll type in 8080.…You can actually type in any unused port above 8000.…That's the conventional range for ports…that aren't claimed by specific software packages.…
- Installing Apache, PHP, and MySQL separately
- Activating Apache and PHP on Mac OS X
- Installing and configuring phpMyAdmin
- Installing WampServer
- Installing MAMP
- Configuring MAMP's Apache and MySQL server ports
- Installing XAMPP for Windows and Mac OS X
- Managing MySQL security through XAMPP
- Installing Bitnami for Windows and Mac
- Detecting and handling port conflicts
- Working with Apache and IPv6 in Windows 8
Skill Level Beginner
PHP with MySQL Essential Trainingwith Kevin Skoglund14h 32m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Installing Separate Components on Windows
3. Installing Separate Components on Mac OS X
4. Installing Separate Components on Linux
5. Installing and Managing phpMyAdmin
6. Installing WampServer on Windows
7. Installing MAMP
8. Installing XAMPP
Installing XAMPP for Windows5m 37s
9. Installing Bitnami
10. Common Tasks and Troubleshooting
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.