Discuss the prerequisites for students of this course.
- [Instructor] Before you start the course, these are the things you should know. You should have preliminary understanding of Apache Spark and its features, as well as Kafka. You need to be familiar with Java, Maven and how to build Java and Maven applications with Eclipse. We would specifically need Java 1.7+, as well as Maven configured to a proper working repository, so you should be able to download all the dependencies it needs.
You should be familiar with some basic usage of MySQL, creating tables, doing queries, and stuff like that. Basic understanding of Hadoop, and also basic use of Linux favors like Ubuntu.
- What is data engineering?
- Spark and Kafka for data engineering
- Moving data with Kafka and Kafka Connect
- Kafka integration with Apache Spark
- How Spark works
- Optimizing for lazy evaluation
- Complex accumulators
Skill Level Advanced
Big Data Foundations: Program Managementwith Alan Simon1h 11m Intermediate
1. Data Engineering Overview
2. Moving Data with Kafka
3. Spark High-Performance Processing
4. Use Case Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.