This video covers, at a high level, the components that make up the Apache Spark platform.
- [Instructor] In order to really understand Spark…we need to take a look at all of its components.…In this section, we're going to take a closer look at each one…of these major components,…so going forward we'll have a better understanding…of how all these pieces fit together.…First, we have Spark Core, and this is the main component…from which all the others are based.…This is the foundation of the house,…if we are thinking of a framework as a house.…Now Spark Core includes task distribution,…scheduling, and the input/output operations.…So when we execute something in Spark,…whether it be SQL, machine learning, a graph,…or any of the other components,…we essentially are using that one plus Spark Core…to actually do and execute the functions that we're calling.…
After Spark Core, we have Spark SQL, and this is the way…that many data professionals do their work.…And with this component it supports…the ANSI standard SQL language, which is really good,…because millions of people know SQL already,…so this really opens up…
- Understanding Spark
- Reviewing Spark components
- Where Spark shines
- Understanding data interfaces
- Working with text files
- Loading CSV data into DataFrames
- Using Spark SQL to analyze data
- Running machine learning algorithms using MLib
- Querying streaming data
- Connecting BI tools to Spark
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services for Data Sciencewith Lynn Langit3h 56m Intermediate
1. Introducing Apache Spark
2. Analyzing Data in Spark
3. Using Spark SQL to Analyze Data
4. Running Machine Learning Algorithms Using MLlib
5. Real-Time Data Analysis with Spark Streaming
6. Connecting BI Tools to Spark
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.