Learn about the Databricks platform and why we're using it for this course.
- [Instructor] Now, let's take a look at Databricks.…Databricks is a managed platform for running Apache Spark.…That means that you don't have to learn…complex cluster management concepts,…nor perform tedious maintenance tasks…to take advantage of Spark.…Databricks also provides a host of features to help users…become more productive with Spark.…It's a point and click platform for those that prefer…user interfaces like data scientists or data analysts;…however, the UI is a company by a sophisticated API…for those that want to automate aspects…of their data workloads with automated jobs.…
Now, Databricks also includes certain features…that we're not going to look at in this course.…I will mention them, but we're going to use…the Community Edition, the free version of it,…so that way you can follow along without having to worry…about any real set up or anything.…Just log in and go.…So, you have essentially two different things…to consider here.…Databricks is an implementation of Spark…to help reduce complexity of setup and operation.…
- Understanding Spark
- Reviewing Spark components
- Where Spark shines
- Understanding data interfaces
- Working with text files
- Loading CSV data into DataFrames
- Using Spark SQL to analyze data
- Running machine learning algorithms using MLib
- Querying streaming data
- Connecting BI tools to Spark
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services for Data Sciencewith Lynn Langit3h 56m Intermediate
1. Introducing Apache Spark
2. Analyzing Data in Spark
3. Using Spark SQL to Analyze Data
4. Running Machine Learning Algorithms Using MLlib
5. Real-Time Data Analysis with Spark Streaming
6. Connecting BI Tools to Spark
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.