Learn how to connect Jupyter Notebooks to Spark.
- [Instructor] So, the last thing to talk about here are…other ways to connect to Spark.…So, it now supports a lot of BI Tools,…and it does that through JDBC and ODBC connections.…So Simba, a company that makes drivers…for a lot of other platforms…made one back in 2014 enabling JDBC and ODBC connections…from your BI Tools,…whether that be QlikView, Tableau, Power BI,…or whatever else you may be using…directly into Spark.…So, if you have something that uses ODBC or JDBC…you can connect to Spark using those drivers.…
Of course, you can also use Spark SQL directly…from a cloud environment like Databricks,…from a notebook like Jupyter, or from the command shell.…
- Understanding Spark
- Reviewing Spark components
- Where Spark shines
- Understanding data interfaces
- Working with text files
- Loading CSV data into DataFrames
- Using Spark SQL to analyze data
- Running machine learning algorithms using MLib
- Querying streaming data
- Connecting BI tools to Spark
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services for Data Sciencewith Lynn Langit3h 56m Intermediate
1. Introducing Apache Spark
2. Analyzing Data in Spark
3. Using Spark SQL to Analyze Data
4. Running Machine Learning Algorithms Using MLlib
5. Real-Time Data Analysis with Spark Streaming
6. Connecting BI Tools to Spark
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.