Learn how to use Apache JMeter, a popular open-source performance testing tool, to create and execute load tests that help you highlight performance issues in your software.
- [Instructor] Performance issues in software don't just vanish because we can't see them, and all software fails eventually. With the right skills and software, any software tester or IT professional can start to highlight these issues so they can be fixed. It isn't magic, and there isn't anything up my sleeves. Just an understanding of how load testing works. My name's Mike Smith, and I've spent almost a decade as a test specialist with performance testing. I'm excited for the opportunity to pass that knowledge onto you. And this is where our story begins. Join me and my course on LinkedIn Learning where I'll dive into the intricacies of JMeter.
- What is load testing and why do we do it?
- Creating and running load tests
- Improving a test by adding timers and assertions
- Running your load test through the CLI
- Saving CLI results to a .jtl file
- Importing a .jtl file to JMeter graphs
- Creating an HTML dashboard at CLI runtime