config.xml is a configuration file that allows you to control many aspects of your Cordova app. In this video, Tom Duffy discusses using config.xml and where and how you can edit it to suit your needs.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at the config.xml file.…As you can see, config.xml is a configuration file…that allows you to control many aspects of your Cordoba app.…Because it's written in XML, it is self-defining…and readable by humans.…Notice that the ID attribute in the top level widget…mirrors the ID that you gave your app at creation time.…Also notice that the version is set to 1.0.0.…All of the data that's stored in config.xml…is modifiable by you.…
Moving down the file, you see there is a name element.…The name element specifies the text…that will appear underneath the app on the device…on the home screen or in the app drawer.…I'm going to put a space between two words,…Park It, in the name,…simply because it would look like a mistake had I not.…The next element is the description, and here is where…you should provide a short description of your app.…So I'll type something in here that's a little bit…more meaningful than the default.…Something simple,…like A simple, location aware app…to help you find your car.…
- Understanding Cordova's value proposition
- Installing the Cordova CLI
- Accessing mobile device capabilities, including geolocation and data storage
- Using Android Studio and Xcode in conjunction with Cordova
- Creating platform-specific stylings to match native interfaces
Skill Level Beginner
Ionic 2 and AngularFire2: Building Mobile Appswith Steven Emmerich57m 27s Intermediate
Android Studio Essential Trainingwith David Gassner3h 41m Beginner
Ionic 3.0 for Mobile App Developerswith Sani Yusuf5h 43m Advanced
1. Cordova's Value Proposition
What is Cordova?2m 21s
2. Creating the Web App
3. Installing and Using Cordova
4. Using Cordova with Platform Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.