Cordova is a mobile application development framework. In this video, Tom Duffy shows you how Cordova evolved into an open-source project hosted by the Apache Software Foundation.
- [Voiceover] Apache Cordova began life as a winner…of an iPhone DevCamp event in 2009.…The group that developed Cordova,…originally called PhoneGap,…formed a software company called Nitobi Software in 2009.…In 2011, Adobe acquired Nitobi…and open-sourced the PhoneGap code.…Adobe donated the PhoneGap code…to the Apache Software Foundation,…where Apache named the project, Cordova.…Adobe has incorporated PhoneGap into Dreamweaver…and other tools for building web apps.…
It also offers a service called PhoneGap Build, to…monetize PhoneGap.…PhoneGap Build allows developers to utilize Adobe's cloud…to build PhoneGap apps, rather than building them…on local machines.…The benefit of PhoneGap Build is that it alleviates the need…for Apple hardware to be used to create iOS apps.…PhoneGap Build is available in three plans.…The Free Plan allows you to create a single app.…The Paid Plan allows you to create unlimited apps and…PhoneGap Build is included…with a Creative Cloud subscription.…
For more information, see build.phonegap.com.…
- Understanding Cordova's value proposition
- Installing the Cordova CLI
- Accessing mobile device capabilities, including geolocation and data storage
- Using Android Studio and Xcode in conjunction with Cordova
- Creating platform-specific stylings to match native interfaces
Skill Level Beginner
Ionic 2 and AngularFire2: Building Mobile Appswith Steven Emmerich57m 27s Intermediate
Ionic 3.0 for Mobile App Developerswith Sani Yusuf5h 43m Intermediate
1. Cordova's Value Proposition
What is Cordova?2m 21s
2. Creating the Web App
3. Installing and Using Cordova
4. Using Cordova with Platform Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.