Park It is a nice starting point for an app but it has some obvious shortcomings. In this video, Tom Duffy discusses some of the ways you might consider improving Park It.
- [Instructor] There are some obvious places…where Park It could be improved.…In fact, the app developed in the course…should only be considered a starting point…for a more robust app.…The first place to look for improvements…is in the graphics assets.…At this point, Park It doesn't have any graphics assets.…Cordova will supply assets for you,…but they will be the default Cordova logo and icons.…Almost certainly, that's not what you want.…The good news is, that you can use config.xml…to specify the icons for your project.…While this is really cool, it won't alleviate…the tedious and resource intensive process…of creating the needed icons.…
If you've ever created Android or iOS apps,…you know how many files are needed.…See the Cordova documentation to learn…how to use config.xml with regards to app icons.…The second place to look for improvements…is also a graphics asset.…The default Cordova build uses the Cordova splash screen.…Again, that's probably not what you want.…More good news, there's a splash screen plug in.…
- Understanding Cordova's value proposition
- Installing the Cordova CLI
- Accessing mobile device capabilities, including geolocation and data storage
- Using Android Studio and Xcode in conjunction with Cordova
- Creating platform-specific stylings to match native interfaces
Skill Level Beginner
Ionic 2 and AngularFire2: Building Mobile Appswith Steven Emmerich57m 27s Intermediate
Android Studio Essential Trainingwith David Gassner3h 41m Beginner
Ionic 3.0 for Mobile App Developerswith Sani Yusuf5h 43m Advanced
1. Cordova's Value Proposition
What is Cordova?2m 21s
2. Creating the Web App
3. Installing and Using Cordova
4. Using Cordova with Platform Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.