Apple has been publishing the Human Interface Guidelines for some time, detailing how iOS components should look and behave. In this video, Tom Duffy will demonstrate how to style the elements on the page so they look like native iOS components.
- [Instructor] Let's do the iOS styles next.…Apple has been providing Human Interface…Guidelines for iOS since it's inception.…You can learn more about the iOS HIG…at developer.apple.com.…Human Interface Guidelines provide…all kinds of information that help you…lay components out on the screen,…design user interface components and so on.…We'll try to mimic some of these styles…so that Park It looks like a native iOS app at run time.…Let's go back to NetBeans,…and let's add a third CSS file.…
Right click the side root, choose New,…Cascading Style Sheet.…This time name the file parkitios.…Go ahead and click finish.…Much like the Park It Android file,…we'll start at the top and…style the body,…set the font family to be the default iOS font…which happens to be "Helvetica Neue"…And that N-E-U-E.…
Notice I have that in quotes…simply because it's two words.…Then we'll specify Helvetica as a fall back font,…and finally a generic Sans-Serif if needed.…I'm also going to set the background color to white.…And I can use a CSS color white.…
- Understanding Cordova's value proposition
- Installing the Cordova CLI
- Accessing mobile device capabilities, including geolocation and data storage
- Using Android Studio and Xcode in conjunction with Cordova
- Creating platform-specific stylings to match native interfaces
Skill Level Beginner
Ionic 2 and AngularFire2: Building Mobile Appswith Steven Emmerich57m 27s Intermediate
Ionic 3.0 for Mobile App Developerswith Sani Yusuf5h 43m Intermediate
1. Cordova's Value Proposition
What is Cordova?2m 21s
2. Creating the Web App
3. Installing and Using Cordova
4. Using Cordova with Platform Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.