If HTML represents the nouns in a web app, then CSS represents the adjectives and adverbs. In this video, Tom Duffy will create the CSS file that contains the CSS rules that apply across platforms.
- [Instructor] If the HTML elements represent the nouns,…the things in your app, then CCS represents…the adjectives and adverbs.…Looking at our current webpage, you can see,…it really needs some adjectives and adverbs.…Let's jump back into NetBeans and write some styles.…To get a style sheet in NetBeans is relatively painless.…In the projects tab, right-click the site route…and choose new, cascading style sheet.…Name the style sheet parkIt, and this style sheet…is going to represent all of the rules that are common…to all the platforms.…
Please don't add the .css extension,…as NetBeans will add that for you.…Go ahead and click finish and NetBeans will open…the empty style sheet in the editor.…Starting from the top, let's add a body rule first,…and for the body rule, all I'm going to do…is specify a font size.…And by specifying a font size in the body, all of the…other relative measurements will be based off of this value.…I'm going to set it to be 16 points.…Let's try the nav bar next.…
So, I'm going to do a #navbar, and then, for style rules,…
- Understanding Cordova's value proposition
- Installing the Cordova CLI
- Accessing mobile device capabilities, including geolocation and data storage
- Using Android Studio and Xcode in conjunction with Cordova
- Creating platform-specific stylings to match native interfaces
Skill Level Beginner
React Native: Building Mobile Apps (2017)with Steven Emmerich1h 59m Intermediate
Ionic 2 and AngularFire2: Building Mobile Appswith Steven Emmerich57m 27s Intermediate
Android Studio Essential Trainingwith David Gassner3h 41m Beginner
Ionic 3.0 for Mobile App Developerswith Sani Yusuf5h 43m Advanced
1. Cordova's Value Proposition
What is Cordova?2m 21s
2. Creating the Web App
3. Installing and Using Cordova
4. Using Cordova with Platform Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.