Modern Android apps use Google's Material Design principles. In this video, Tom Duffy shows you how to style the elements on the page so they look like native Android components.
- [Instructor] One of the difficulties…in developing Cordova apps is the fact that…user interface components on Android, iOS, Windows Phone,…any device, are different.…What I'm planning to do…is to write platform-specific style sheets…to mimic the styles on a given platform,…then I'll load the platform-specific style sheets…by asking Cordova what platform is currently used…to look at the app.…Let's start by creating the styles for the Android app.…Modern Android apps follow the principles material design…created by Google.…
You can discover more about material design in general…at material.io.…At material.io, you have a plethora of resources…available to you…including tools for things like choosing colors,…generating web components, generating iOS components,…and generating Android components.…For Park It, we'll create the most basic…material design elements.…Those elements will include flat buttons…and a card-based approach for presenting information.…In addition, we'll use bold colors…that are default color option for material design.…
- Understanding Cordova's value proposition
- Installing the Cordova CLI
- Accessing mobile device capabilities, including geolocation and data storage
- Using Android Studio and Xcode in conjunction with Cordova
- Creating platform-specific stylings to match native interfaces
Skill Level Beginner
React Native: Building Mobile Apps (2017)with Steven Emmerich1h 59m Intermediate
Ionic 2 and AngularFire2: Building Mobile Appswith Steven Emmerich57m 27s Intermediate
Android Studio Essential Trainingwith David Gassner3h 41m Beginner
Ionic 3.0 for Mobile App Developerswith Sani Yusuf5h 43m Advanced
1. Cordova's Value Proposition
What is Cordova?2m 21s
2. Creating the Web App
3. Installing and Using Cordova
4. Using Cordova with Platform Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.