Xcode is the standard editor for building iOS apps. In this video, Tom Duffy demonstrates how to add the iOS platform to the project as well as opening and running the iOS project in Xcode.
- [Instructor] Adding the iOS platform…is as easy as adding the Android platform.…Simply issue Cordova platform add ios.…Cordova will then go fetch the resources needed…to create the iOS app.…Once that finishes, open a finder window.…I've navigated to the project folder,…where now you'll see, in the platform subfolder,…there's an iOS folder.…Open the iOS folder, and then double-click…on the Park It xcode project file.…
Since the list of iOS devices is severely limited,…relative to Android, all of the currently supported devices…are included in xcode.…There's no need to create a virtual device,…they already exist.…Choose a simulator from the drop-down list…in the top-left corner.…I'll choose iPhone 7.…Then click the run button on the toolbar,…or choose run from the product menu to start the app.…You may get some build time issues generated by Cordova…using deprecated APIs.…You won't have to worry about those.…
Deprecated APIs are usually still supported,…but there is also a better way to accomplish…what you're trying to do.…
- Understanding Cordova's value proposition
- Installing the Cordova CLI
- Accessing mobile device capabilities, including geolocation and data storage
- Using Android Studio and Xcode in conjunction with Cordova
- Creating platform-specific stylings to match native interfaces
Skill Level Beginner
React Native: Building Mobile Appswith Steven Emmerich1h 59m Intermediate
Android Studio Essential Trainingwith David Gassner3h 41m Beginner
1. Cordova's Value Proposition
What is Cordova?2m 21s
2. Creating the Web App
3. Installing and Using Cordova
4. Using Cordova with Platform Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.