Android Studio is the standard editor for building Android apps. In this video, Tom Duffy demonstrates how to add the Android platform to the project as well as opening and running the Android project in Android Studio.
- [Instructor] It's finally time to add…mobile platform to the app.…Let's start with Android.…The first thing to do, is add the…Android platform to your Cordova project.…The good news is, you know how to do that already.…Cordova will go out and fetch all the resources needed…to create our Android project.…Once that's complete, open Android Studio.…To open your Android Studio project,…you use the import command on the welcome page.…
Navigate to the Android folder inside…the platforms folder within your Cordova project.…Click okay.…Click okay again if you are prompted…to use the Gradle wrapper.…Gradle is the build tool used by Android…to compile resources into apps.…If you're prompted to update the Gradle plugin,…please click on update.…This is probably the best feature of using platform…specific tools with Cordova apps.…
Android Studio will upgrade your project…to use latest features available for Android apps.…You'll then be presented with the tip of the day.…You're welcome to read the tip of the day.…Read a few of them if you like…
- Understanding Cordova's value proposition
- Installing the Cordova CLI
- Accessing mobile device capabilities, including geolocation and data storage
- Using Android Studio and Xcode in conjunction with Cordova
- Creating platform-specific stylings to match native interfaces
Skill Level Beginner
React Native: Building Mobile Apps (2017)with Steven Emmerich1h 59m Intermediate
Ionic 2 and AngularFire2: Building Mobile Appswith Steven Emmerich57m 27s Intermediate
Android Studio Essential Trainingwith David Gassner3h 41m Beginner
Ionic 3.0 for Mobile App Developerswith Sani Yusuf5h 43m Advanced
1. Cordova's Value Proposition
What is Cordova?2m 21s
2. Creating the Web App
3. Installing and Using Cordova
4. Using Cordova with Platform Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.