Choosing an editor can be an extremely personal decision for developers. In this video, you'll see what features you should be looking for in an editor when developing for Cordova and why Tom Duffy recommends NetBeans.
- [Narrator] For developers,…choosing an editor is an extremely personal decision.…Of course, there will always be instances…where choices are limited,…or there's no choice at all.…Android and iOS development usually fall into this category.…For the most part, if you're an Android developer,…you'll have to use Android studio.…If you're an iOS developer, you'll do your work in Xcode.…Windows developers, including Windows phone developers,…do their work in Visual Studio.…There just isn't much choice involved.…Cordova development though, is completely different.…
You'll be developing web files,…and because these files are text files,…there's a huge selection of tools available…ranging from basic text editors to full-blown design tools.…On the one hand, you have tools like Adobe Dreamweaver…which provide a drag and drop design environment,…shielding you from the code.…Sure, you can write code in Dreamweaver,…but that's not it's strength.…On the other hand, you have tools like VI and Emacs,…screen based text editors that have been in existence…
- Understanding Cordova's value proposition
- Installing the Cordova CLI
- Accessing mobile device capabilities, including geolocation and data storage
- Using Android Studio and Xcode in conjunction with Cordova
- Creating platform-specific stylings to match native interfaces
Skill Level Beginner
Ionic 2 and AngularFire2: Building Mobile Appswith Steven Emmerich57m 27s Intermediate
Android Studio Essential Trainingwith David Gassner3h 41m Beginner
Ionic 3.0 for Mobile App Developerswith Sani Yusuf5h 43m Advanced
1. Cordova's Value Proposition
What is Cordova?2m 21s
2. Creating the Web App
3. Installing and Using Cordova
4. Using Cordova with Platform Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.