HTML represents the nouns—the things—in a web app. In this video, Tom Duffy demonstrates how to edit the Park It HTML file in NetBeans.
- [Instructor] It's time to write the HTML for our app.…I've made the font bigger in NetBeans…just so you could follow along a little better.…The first thing to do is to change the title of the page.…Although that's not truly necessary for a Cordova app,…it's really just good practice.…I'm going to change the title elements content…to read Park It.…The next thing to do is to jump down into the body.…NetBeans provides a div for us to say,…write the content here.…We don't really need that div though.…I'm just going to highlight it and then delete it.…
Our app is going to have a few distinct sections.…I'm going to create a container that holds,…what I call, the navigation bar.…That's where I will put the buttons for storing location…and retrieving the location,…as well as the title of the app.…Then I'll create a container that holds…instructions for the app, as well as where I'll…display the map and the directions.…Let's start by adding a div and giving it…an id set to navbar.…The navbar will hold all of the information…
- Understanding Cordova's value proposition
- Installing the Cordova CLI
- Accessing mobile device capabilities, including geolocation and data storage
- Using Android Studio and Xcode in conjunction with Cordova
- Creating platform-specific stylings to match native interfaces
Skill Level Beginner
Ionic 2 and AngularFire2: Building Mobile Appswith Steven Emmerich57m 27s Intermediate
Android Studio Essential Trainingwith David Gassner3h 41m Beginner
Ionic 3.0 for Mobile App Developerswith Sani Yusuf5h 43m Advanced
1. Cordova's Value Proposition
What is Cordova?2m 21s
2. Creating the Web App
3. Installing and Using Cordova
4. Using Cordova with Platform Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.