- What is Ansible?
- Working with hosts and variables
- Controlling task and play behavior
- Coordinating complicated sets of actions
- Managing system configurations
- Reacting to configuration changes
- Repeating a task across a fleet
- Managing extensions in Ansible
Skill Level Beginner
- System admins are often responsible for managing tens or thousands of computers. Some application upgrades require complex task orchestrations. Automation tools like Ansible make this daunting workload practical. That's what this course is all about. Hi, I'm Jesse Keating. I'm a software engineer with a passion for automation. In this course, I'll introduce you to Ansible, a radically simple IT automation engine. I'll begin by introducing the core concepts of the Ansible system and how to set up a basic installation to start experimenting.
Then I'll explore the fundamental components that make up an Ansible system. With an understanding of the basic concepts under our belts, I'll discuss the high level use cases that Ansible is well suited for. Finally, I'll share some reasons why I think Ansible is the best option available for IT automation. Let's lace up our boots and hit the trail to begin learning about Ansible.