Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with nodes in the graph, part of Learning Plant Factory.
- To control the branching structure in PlantFactory…you'll need to edit the procedural Graph.…The Graph is very easy to work with,…you can copy and paste nodes…and make and break connections at will.…Before I duplicate this Primary branch…I just want to make a slight change to the radius here.…Select the Primary branch node…and in the Parameters…go to the Segment tab.…And the branch is actually inheriting the Radius…of its parent here.…There is an Inherit Radius percentage value here,…which is defaulted to 50%,…meaning that the branch primitive…is going to be 50% of the radius of its parent…at that location.…
However it's not tapering enough for me.…So I'm going to go over to this filter…on the Inherit section…and click on the orange Profile filter,…and then just reduce the radius at the tip…by dragging this key point down to nearly zero.…And now that Primary branch is being tapered off.…Go ahead and click OK to close the filter editor.…And now I can duplicate that Primary branch.…It's still selected and I can copy and paste it.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
In these tutorials, Aaron F. Ross shows how to get started with PlantFactory. He'll cover modeling plants and trees, sculpting plants from components, editing plant parameters, adding materials and animation effects, and rendering the results. Plus, learn how to use PlantFactory's powerful node graph to control individual properties and generate plants procedurally.
- Installing and customizing PlantFactory
- Creating plant segments with the Add tool
- Editing and blending segments
- Working with nodes in the graph
- Adding leaves
- Loading and editing materials
- Rendering plant images
- Sculpting with the Draw tool
- Pruning branches
- Modeling with the node graph
- Applying wind effects
- Exporting and importing plant models
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Exploring PlantFactory
2. Modeling Basics
3. Materials and Rendering
4. Freeform Modeling
5. Modeling with the Graph
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.